Yesterday, I posted my recent styled shoot with a good friend & photographer, Paula Scalco. I’ve been recently posting about different make-up looks & shoots but I haven’t done a blogged about how I did the make-up. Paula, being the bearer of bright ideas, suggested that I should write about how I’ve done the make-up from our recent shoot…so here I am creating one. 🙂
1. I prepped the skin with the Avené Thermal Spring Water for instant hydration followed by Porefessional by Benefit to blur the pores.
2. Since her skin tone is quite even, it didn’t need any correcting so I proceeded with foundation- I used EX1 Invisiwear Foundation in shade 1.o followed by Dior Nude Air in shade 10 to highlight her under eye , t-zone & brow bone. Katie doesn’t need any concealing as well, so I used both lightwear foundations in 2 different shades to create a dimension and not make her face look flat.
4. After applying the foundation, I used the Make-up Forever HD Powder to set her under eye. t-zone & forehead to prevent creasing especially under eyes.
5. For her eyes, I played around with my MAC Eyeshadow Warm Neutral Palette. I’ve put the shade Vanilla Extract all over her lid, and then Hey on the corners of her eyes, Saddle on her crease, Dark Brew for transition & Dance in the Dark on the outer corners of her eyes. I just created a little bit of depth and highlighted the inner corners of the eyes to make her eyes look more awake. Blending is very important for this look since my goal is for the eyes to look as natural as possible.
6. I used L.A Girl, Gel Glide Eyeliner Pencil in Dark Brown on her waterline to give definition to her eyes. I used the shade brown because it looks more natural, I tend to avoid black when I do au naturel bridal looks because it looks harsh and unnatural.
8. My favorite blush these days is the BH Cosmetics Glamorous Blush Palette in shade Sunbasque. To add that ‘bridal glow’ I used my favorite highlighter, the EYEMGLAM by Giella Custom Blend Cosmetics.
9. I used the Kat Von D Shade & Light Face Contour Palette & I did a little bit of contouring on the nose, the side of her cheeks & forehead just to add dimension on her face but not so much since we are keeping the look very natural & subtle.
10. For her lips, I used my favorite Nyx Butter Gloss in Angel Food Cake to add gloss and a nude-ish pink color on her lips.
Photography by: Paula Scalco
Hope you guys enjoyed it. Comment below & let me know what look would you want me to do next.
The Louise Monique